2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Su Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- RT @Tobias_Ellwood: #Fallujah is free. Liberated by #Iraq-i forces with @coalition air support. #Daesh will be defeated. https://t.co/pjldO…
- Daily Update - #US-led coalition airstrikes kill at least 250 #Isil militants in #Fallujah https://t.co/y9PT7pjPHT
- RT @arthurmacmillan: An important development re January 2 attack on Saudi embassy in Tehran. Making trial public would help. https://t.co/…
- Iran Weekly Memo: John Kerry: Iran 'helpful' in Fighting Daesh in Iraq - https://t.co/CfmgaSSje0
- RT @RUSI_org: RUSI would like to welcome @DefenceHQ Sec. of State Michael Fallon to the stage for final keynote address #RUSILWC https://t.…
Saudi Arabia’s Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is in the United States for an official visit this week.
Upon his arrival, he met Secretary of State John Kerry at the latter’s residence in Washington.
The US Department of State released a statement after the meeting:
Secretary Kerry hosted Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on June 13 […]
The Prime Minister David Cameron has sent his greetings to all Muslim communities for the holy month of Ramadan, in Britain and around the world.
In a recorded message from No10 Downing Street, Mr Cameron said:
It’s the holy month of Ramadan – a time when mosques open their doors, community centres welcome in their neighbours, and […]
Recently at CMEC
CMEC hosted a Syria Working Group “Countering Isil in Europe” roundtable event in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Dr Andrew Glazzard (Director of National Security and Resilience Studies, RUSI), Roya Kashefi (Association of Iranian Researchers) and Major General Jonathan Shaw CB CBE reflected on the recent atrocities committed in Paris and Brussels, the Isil threat, the British and […]
CMEC hosted a Middle East Update Roundtable in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Fleur Cowan (1st Secretary, US Embassy), Dr Lina Khatib (Arab Reform Initiative), Sarah Lain (Research Fellow at RUSI) and Charlotte Leslie MP (CMEC Vice-Chairman) reflected on recent events in the region and discussed British, European, American and Russian foreign policy decisions.
Plenty of ground was covered including discussions […]
On Monday 14th March, CMEC held a Persian Nowruz Gala Lunch at the Savoy Hotel, hosted by CMEC President the Rt Hon Sir Nicholas Soames MP and Chairman the Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP. The event marked the formal relaunch of the CMEC Iran Program, and was attended by Conservative parliamentarians, prominent members of the […]
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.