2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Su Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- Superbly written article explaining why Obama abandoned the Middle East: https://t.co/Rwjl2MgtkP
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist https://t.co/Q2Q2H6qro4 Charlotte leads Westminster Hall debate on Middle East
- Watch @CLeslieMP deliver excellent opening speech during #Gulf debate earlier this week https://t.co/wjfHvxjiYM via @youtube
- Daily Update - Saudi security forces shoot dead two alleged Isil fighters outside Mecca https://t.co/QWwvcPMC04
- 36 years ago #OnThisDay, SAS commandos brilliantly ended a siege at the Iranian Embassy in London #OperationNimrod https://t.co/doJ5eSfMT3
During yesterday’s Westminster Hall Debate on UK relations with the Gulf – led by Charlotte Leslie MP – CMEC Chairman Sir Alan Duncan offered an expert overview of Middle East policy issues.
Click HERE to watch Sir Alan’s speech
Click HERE to read the transcript of the debate in full
CMEC Vice Chairman Charlotte Leslie MP led a Westminster Hall Debate on UK relations with the Gulf in the House of Commons this morning.
She opened the debate by reflecting on the importance of the UK’s friendship with the Gulf states at a time of turmoil in the region. In a debate that included many Conservative interventions, The Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP, […]
CMEC is proud to release a pilot issue of Behind the Headlines: Saudi Arabia’s 2030 Vision.
This new initiative is designed to bridge the gap between our Daily Update and more in-depth publications. Issue 1 explores the detail and significance of Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 plan, which was unveiled by Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman earlier this week.
Recently at CMEC
CMEC hosted a Syria Working Group “Countering Isil in Europe” roundtable event in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Dr Andrew Glazzard (Director of National Security and Resilience Studies, RUSI), Roya Kashefi (Association of Iranian Researchers) and Major General Jonathan Shaw CB CBE reflected on the recent atrocities committed in Paris and Brussels, the Isil threat, the British and […]
CMEC hosted a Middle East Update Roundtable in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Fleur Cowan (1st Secretary, US Embassy), Dr Lina Khatib (Arab Reform Initiative), Sarah Lain (Research Fellow at RUSI) and Charlotte Leslie MP (CMEC Vice-Chairman) reflected on recent events in the region and discussed British, European, American and Russian foreign policy decisions.
Plenty of ground was covered including discussions […]
On Monday 14th March, CMEC held a Persian Nowruz Gala Lunch at the Savoy Hotel, hosted by CMEC President the Rt Hon Sir Nicholas Soames MP and Chairman the Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP. The event marked the formal relaunch of the CMEC Iran Program, and was attended by Conservative parliamentarians, prominent members of the […]
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.