2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- RT @UAEEmbassyUK: HE @AlmutaiweeA and Boris Johnson @MayorofLondon discuss ties between the City of London and the UAE @MOFAUAE http://t.co…
- RT @CarolineDalmeny: Feeling the love @MayorofLondon made incredible speech about Middle East & the UKs role in it @CMECnews lunch today ht…
- RT @NTavassolian: Boris Johnson speaking at the Conservative Middle East Council https://t.co/eZRp1EAoZF
- RT @NTavassolian: @ The Conservative Middle East Council https://t.co/KFAC5J0D8U
- RT @HugoSwire: London Mayor and MP colleague @BorisJohnson going full pelt at Conservative Middle East Council Annual Luncheon. http://t.co…
CMEC was delighted to host its Annual Gala Luncheon which this year included a keynote speech from Guest of Honour, Boris Johnson MP.
The Washington Post discusses the impact of a potential deal with Iran.
Bruce Riedel writing for Al Monitor argues that King Salman and his entourage have moved quickly to consolidate power in their hands since the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz. Salman’s son Mohammed has become a key player in keeping with the Saudi monarchical tradition.
Recently at CMEC
Following the announcement of a 7 month extension in the talks, Sir Richard Dalton, Norman Lamont and Shashank Joshi analyse the current status of the Iran talks.
Speech by Sir Alan Duncan MP, CMEC Deputy Chairman, at RUSI – Tuesday 14th October 2014
The Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP spoke at a packed CMEC fringe event at the Conservative Party Conference.
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.