2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Su Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- RT @HumanRightsAPPG: FCO Qs: @PHammondMP The Ministry of Defence "is urgently investigating" claims of use of cluster munitions in #Yemen.
- CMEC Chair and @Number10gov envoy to #yemen says #Kuwait peace talks at a critical phase and UK must support them @HouseofCommons
- .@foreignoffice Qs to begin in @HouseofCommons with #Yemen urgent Q & counter-#Daesh update to follow - watch here https://t.co/OMU7hjFIfk …
- Daily Update - #US says it is not discussing joint air strikes with #Russia in #Syria https://t.co/FfzcybaXzn
- RT @PHammondMP: In #Brussels w/ #EU Foreign Ministers to discuss Counter-Daesh strategy, #Libya & #migration https://t.co/15HHLYIiHZ https:…
On Tuesday 17th May, the Conservative Middle East Council hosted a roundtable, chaired by CMEC Chairman Charlotte Leslie MP, in Portcullis House entitled “Middle East in Transition: what roles can women play?”.
On the panel were Dr Serra Kirdar, a fellow at St Anthony’s College Oxford, Dr Nervana Mahmoud, a renowned Egyptian blogger, Mrs Baria Alamuddin, […]
The Queen delivered her 2016 Speech to both Houses of Parliament at the State Opening of Parliament yesterday.
In setting out the government’s agenda for the coming session parliamentary she said that: “My government will continue to play a leading role in world affairs, using its global presence to tackle climate change and address major international security, […]
Today marks the centenary of Sykes-Picot agreement, a secret agreement between Britain and France during World War I, which carved up the domains of the Ottoman Empire upon its defeat.
In the words of CMEC Vice Chairman Kwasi Kwarteng MP, “The Sykes Picot agreement, signed 100 years ago today, was a defining moment in the history of the […]
Recently at CMEC
CMEC hosted a Syria Working Group “Countering Isil in Europe” roundtable event in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Dr Andrew Glazzard (Director of National Security and Resilience Studies, RUSI), Roya Kashefi (Association of Iranian Researchers) and Major General Jonathan Shaw CB CBE reflected on the recent atrocities committed in Paris and Brussels, the Isil threat, the British and […]
CMEC hosted a Middle East Update Roundtable in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Fleur Cowan (1st Secretary, US Embassy), Dr Lina Khatib (Arab Reform Initiative), Sarah Lain (Research Fellow at RUSI) and Charlotte Leslie MP (CMEC Vice-Chairman) reflected on recent events in the region and discussed British, European, American and Russian foreign policy decisions.
Plenty of ground was covered including discussions […]
On Monday 14th March, CMEC held a Persian Nowruz Gala Lunch at the Savoy Hotel, hosted by CMEC President the Rt Hon Sir Nicholas Soames MP and Chairman the Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP. The event marked the formal relaunch of the CMEC Iran Program, and was attended by Conservative parliamentarians, prominent members of the […]
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.