2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Su Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- RT @Tobias_Ellwood: In Jeddah for vital talks on #Yemen. Important discussions to find a political solution to end this ongoing conflict ht…
- RT @foreignoffice: At last week's #Iraq Pledging Conference @coalition partners made new committments to #supportiraq. https://t.co/u9g5OHz…
- RT @AmbMarkRegev: Watch @IsraeliPM's apology to Israel's Arab citizens: "I am proud of the role Arabs play in Israel's success." → https://…
- RT @JoyceAnelay: Agreed with @lamzannier importance of greater gender balance in senior roles at #OSCE. Progress made but more to do! https…
- Daily Update - #US #UK & allies in coalition against #Isil agree strategy to defeat the group https://t.co/lIpHotPmQ9
Theresa May was officially appointed as prime minister by the Queen on Wednesday. Mrs May quickly set to work on forming her first Cabinet. Boris Johnson was appointed Foreign Secretary while Philip Hammond was made Chancellor.
Mr Johnson said that he was “humbled and proud” by the news – watch the video here .
Asked for his thoughts on Boris Johnson’s appointment as Foreign Secretary this morning, Philip Hammond said: “I […]
In an article for Conservative Home, Leo Docherty discusses the Chilcot Report and legacy and lessons of the 2003 invasion of Iraq:
The release of the Chilcot Report has reminded us, first and foremost, of the trauma of the families of those killed in Iraq; the 179 British service men and women as well as hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.
Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond wishes ‘Eid Mubarak’ to all Muslims across the world at the end of Ramadan.
The Foreign Secretary said:
I send my best wishes to all Muslims across the world who are celebrating Eid ul-Fitr.
As the holy month of Ramadan ends, friends, family and neighbours will come together for a period of reflection and […]
Recently at CMEC
CMEC hosted a Syria Working Group “Countering Isil in Europe” roundtable event in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Dr Andrew Glazzard (Director of National Security and Resilience Studies, RUSI), Roya Kashefi (Association of Iranian Researchers) and Major General Jonathan Shaw CB CBE reflected on the recent atrocities committed in Paris and Brussels, the Isil threat, the British and […]
CMEC hosted a Middle East Update Roundtable in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Fleur Cowan (1st Secretary, US Embassy), Dr Lina Khatib (Arab Reform Initiative), Sarah Lain (Research Fellow at RUSI) and Charlotte Leslie MP (CMEC Vice-Chairman) reflected on recent events in the region and discussed British, European, American and Russian foreign policy decisions.
Plenty of ground was covered including discussions […]
On Monday 14th March, CMEC held a Persian Nowruz Gala Lunch at the Savoy Hotel, hosted by CMEC President the Rt Hon Sir Nicholas Soames MP and Chairman the Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP. The event marked the formal relaunch of the CMEC Iran Program, and was attended by Conservative parliamentarians, prominent members of the […]
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.