2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- Daily Update: Houthis advance towards Aden / Obama: prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace are 'dim' http://t.co/I8jRTQhThv
- RT @LeoDochertyUK: Great Questions last night at Wantage and Didcot QT @edvaizey @NirjDeva @matthew_barber http://t.co/w0rlwVIs3T
- RT @grantshapps: Met some of our Northern Ireland General Election candidates. Proud to be only main Party to stand in all 4 nations http:/…
- Daily Update:Israel accused of spying on Iran talks/Yemen call for Gulf intervention/Libya "security threat to UK" http://t.co/p7rI9g33cG
- Daily Update: No "bad Iran deal" / US withdrawal from Yemen / Six Tunisian police chiefs sacked http://t.co/KhGKs1TG4f
The Washington Post discusses the impact of a potential deal with Iran.
Bruce Riedel writing for Al Monitor argues that King Salman and his entourage have moved quickly to consolidate power in their hands since the death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz. Salman’s son Mohammed has become a key player in keeping with the Saudi monarchical tradition.
Shadi Hamid writes for the Atlantic on ISIS’ rise.
Recently at CMEC
Following the announcement of a 7 month extension in the talks, Sir Richard Dalton, Norman Lamont and Shashank Joshi analyse the current status of the Iran talks.
Speech by Sir Alan Duncan MP, CMEC Deputy Chairman, at RUSI – Tuesday 14th October 2014
The Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP spoke at a packed CMEC fringe event at the Conservative Party Conference.
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.