2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Su Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- Daily Update - World powers agree to seek a nationwide "cessation of hostilities" in Syria https://t.co/dO9gqsjZkk
- Great joint event @OxfordMEC last night chaired by Prof. Eugene Rogan, with @AlanDuncanMP leading @CMECnews team https://t.co/AMiqicj8vP
- RT @PHammondMP: #ISSG members committed to #Syria humanitarian access & cessation of hostilities but will only succeed if regime & backers …
- Daily Update - US, Russian and EU foreign ministers meeting in Munich for Syria talks today https://t.co/jc1VOWn4Ll
- RT @OxfordMEC: @CMECnews will be joining us today at 5.30pm @OxfordMEC @StAntsCollege to discuss #Britain and #MiddleEast. Do come along fo…
CMEC was delighted to have The Foreign Secretary, The Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP, deliver our 2016 Annual Policy Lecture last night.
The event was attended by a packed audience of Ministers, MPs, Peers and the entire Arab diplomatic corps in London.
Mr Hammond delivered an absorbing survey of current issues in the Middle East. He detailed his thoughts on the Isil […]
The UK Trade Envoy to Iran, former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Lord Lamont of Lerwick, talks to CMEC on Iran and the impact of the Nuclear Deal.
Trade sanctions on Iran may have been lifted in January 1026, but Britain is a long way behind its European partners according to the newly appointed UK trade envoy […]
The Foreign Affairs Committee is currently holding an inquiry on UK Government foreign policy in relation to Libya.
The Committee is interested in receiving written evidence on topics including the UK’s 2011 intervention, post-conflict assistance to the transitional administration, the breakdown in security and the UK’s role in addressing migration and people trafficking.
The Committee is this afternoon […]
Recently at CMEC
CMEC hosted a Syria Working Group Roundtable in the House of Commons last night.
A panel including Crispin Blunt MP, Chair of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, Con Coughlin, Daily Telegraph Defence Editor, Kwasi Kwarteng MP, CMEC Vice-Chairman, and Major General Jonathan Shaw CB CBE engaged in discussions on Britain’s role in defeating Isil (Daesh) in Syria.
The event provided an opportunity to look […]
CMEC hosted a roundtable discussion in the House of Commons today with HE Khalid bin Mohammed Al Attiyah, Foreign Minister of the State of Qatar, H.E Mr Yousef Ali Al-Khater, Ambassador of Qatar to the UK, Sheikh Saif bin Ahmed bin Saif al-Thani, Director of the Qatar Government Communication Office, Mr Hassan Abdulla Al-Thawadi, Secretary General of Qatar’s 2022 […]
CMEC hosted an inaugural roundtable discussion on Tuesday 17th November in the House of Commons on whether Iran can deliver the nuclear deal. The discussion was chaired by the Rt. Hon. Sir Nicholas Soames, with Lord Lamont of Lerwick, Professor Ali Ansari from St Andrews University and Shanshak Joshi, RUSI fellow, sitting on the panel.
The panellists […]
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.