2014 Policy Lecture
HRH Prince Turki Al-Faisal
A Saudi Perspective of Middle East Events
- Tag Cloud-Algeria Arab League Arab Spring Bahrain British-Arabs Defence Egypt Energy Gala Dinner Gaza GCC Gulf Hamas Holocaust Memorial Day Iran Iraq Islam Israel Isreal Jordan Kurdistan kuwait Lebanon Libya Middle East Morocco Oman oPt Palestine Qatar Saudi Arabia Somalia Syria Tunisia Turkey UAE United Nations United States Yemen
- Daily Update:Iran talks resume next month after missed deadline?/Tunisia Presidential elections/UK fighters in Syria http://t.co/lv6dm4iqUG
- Daily Update: Israel 'foils plot to kill minister' / Kerry joins Iran talks / Sisi considers Al Jazeera pardon http://t.co/H9Q9GNYm0b
- Daily Update:Iran nuclear deal hard to reach/Israel says Gaza rockets test fired/Qatar whistleblower safety fears http://t.co/7Zw2vysOvX
- Daily Update:Worshippers return to synagogue/2nd Frenchman identified in ISIS video/Sinai clashes/Car bomb in Irbil http://t.co/hXjvS3xhHh
- Daily Update:PFLP kill 4 in synagogue attack/Netanyahu says Israel to respond with heavy hand/Abbas condemns attack http://t.co/ImoQYeGfPq
Shadi Hamid writes for the Atlantic on ISIS’ rise.
A 72-hour ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militant groups has been broken after less than three hours, with a hospital in Gaza saying 40 people have been killed.
Jennifer Rubin writes for the Washington Post on the recent comments by Michael Makovsky regarding the Iran nuclear deal.
Recently at CMEC
Speech by Sir Alan Duncan MP, CMEC Deputy Chairman, at RUSI – Tuesday 14th October 2014
The Rt Hon Sir Alan Duncan MP spoke at a packed CMEC fringe event at the Conservative Party Conference.
The Rt Hon Sir Nicholas Soames MP issued the following comment.
CMEC delegations allow MPs and Peers to see the Middle East at first hand and gain a unique insight into the region by meeting leading members of government, business and civil society.
A series of briefings, debates and publications bringing together leading experts with Conservative MPs and Peers to discuss the most pressing questions for UK foreign policy in the Middle East.
A series of meetings for security experts and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss emerging threats in the Middle East and the implications for UK foreign policy.
A series of events bringing together leading business people and Conservative parliamentarians to discuss the UK’s bilateral trade and investment links with the Middle East.